After 91 hours spent researching the best clothes rack, I think Langria Heavy Duty Commercial Grade Clothes Rack is the best for most people.
This choice is based on several criteria: brand, type, material, finish, capacity, height, length, depth, shelves, wheels, assembly required, collapsible, rust resistant, heavy-duty, and weight, among other things.
Overall$169.64CHRISTMASUpdated Dec. 9, 2022
Mid-Range$102.86CHRISTMASUpdated Dec. 9, 2022
Inexpensive$52.77CHRISTMASUpdated Dec. 9, 2022
|Product||Price||Overall Rating||Quality||Durability||Appearance||Maintenance||Value for Money||brand||type||material||finish||capacity||height||length||depth||shelves||wheels||assembly required||collapsible||rust resistant||heavy-duty||weight|
|Langria Heavy Duty Commercial Grade Clothes Rack||$169.64CHRISTMAS||4.3||5||4||4.5||4||4||Langria||Single rod||Metal||Black||66 lbs||59.1 in||26.8 in||13.4 in||2 shelves||No wheels||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||6.4 lbs|
|Langria Double Rail Commercial Grade Clothes Rack||$102.86CHRISTMAS||4.8||5||4.5||5||4.5||5||Langria||Double rod||Stainless steel||Chrome||250 lbs||50.8 to 74.4 in (adjustable)||58.3 to 67.7 in (adjustable)||21.7 in||No shelf||4 wheels||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||21.6 lbs|
|Whitmor Supreme Quality Double Rod Clothes Rack||$59.20CHRISTMAS||4.9||5||5||5||4.5||5||Whitmor||Double rod||Steel (epoxy-coated)||Black||300 lbs||76 in||38 in||16.25 in||1 shelf||4 wheels||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||15 lbs|
|Simple Houseware Heavy Duty Chrome Clothes Rack||$52.77CHRISTMAS||4.5||5||4.5||4.5||4||4.5||Simple Houseware||Single rod||Stainless steel||Chrome||200 lbs||62 in||40.5 to 63.8 in (adjustable)||18 in||No shelf||4 wheels||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||9.8 lbs|
|Songmics Double Adjustable Rolling Clothes Rack||Check PriceCHRISTMAS||4.4||5||4.5||4||4||4.5||Songmics||Double rod||Stainless steel (plastic joints)||Chrome||132 lbs||39.4 to 65 in (adjustable)||34.3 in||13.4 in||No shelf||4 wheels||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||9.9 lbs|
Drying and organizing your clothing efficiently can be a really substantial part of laundry day, and with the help of the best clothes rack, that process is even easier.
Modern clothing racks have been designed and developed for modern living, allowing individuals to find the perfect one for their lifestyle and living situation.
Laundry day is a busy one for people all over the world. Whether you use hand-wash detergent to wash in a basin or you throw laundry detergent and fabric softener in the washing machine, you’ve got lots to do and take care of.
From the laundry basket to the clothes dryer, each step of laundry care is going to vary based on what clothing you have and associated special instructions. On laundry day, some people will even repair their clothing with their sewing machine or sewing kit.
Many people still iron their clothing with a heavy steam iron, so you may also need to bring out your ironing board and ironing board cover on laundry day as well. Or, you could get really advanced with a handheld clothes steamer or a full-sized clothes steamer.
Then, it’s time to organize your clothing. The clothes you put in your dresser or on shelving need to be folded, but what about the garments that need to go on hangers? Do they just go in your closet, where they can become wrinkled and hard to find?
In some cases, you need another level of organization. That’s where the best clothes rack can be a huge help in terms of organization and keeping clothing wrinkle-free and looking their best.
Table of Contents [show]
Best Clothes Rack
Here is a selection of the best clothes rack for most people according to Laundryn:
Langria Heavy Duty Commercial Grade Clothes Rack
When it’s time to leave the house, do you struggle to get your keys, jacket, and shoes together at the door?
This is a struggle many people go through, but they haven’t figured out how to make leaving the house smoother.
The answer is so simple it might surprise you – a clothes rack. It may sound crazy, but it works.
A clothes rack allows you to store jackets, hats, scarves, keys, shoes, and more in convenient locations so you can grab everything and be on your way in no time.
Your morning routine will be much simpler if half of your essentials are always waiting right at the door for you.
The Langria is not only visually pleasing, it can help with organization in your home. It can be placed in the bathroom and used to organize toiletries, towels, robes, and other items.
This Langria product may not be a clothes rack on wheels, but it makes up for that by providing additional storage shelves that can be used to hold various items and boxes. There are even hooks on the sides of the rods for hats and other accessories, like scarves and handbags.
The Langria Heavy Duty Commercial Grade Clothes Rack is a freestanding clothing rack that allows you to store clothing as well as bins and boxes. Measuring 59.1″ tall by 26.8″ wide by 13.4″ deep, its sleek design looks great in any home, so you have free rein to place it wherever you feel it looks best.
It has two separate wire shelves at the bottom and comes with two polypropylene (PP) plastic sheets that can be placed over the wire to provide a flat surface for storing shoes, boots and any size storage box for holding gloves, keys, etc.
Each of the feet can be adjusted individually to keep the rack from being wobbly. If there is any instability, simply adjust the affected feet and it will be stable once more. Its aesthetic will be preserved along with its functionality.
The Langria is not only visually pleasing, it can help with organization in your home. It can be placed in the bathroom and used to organize toiletries, towels, robes, and other items. It’s also a nice clothes rack in a bedroom to supplement closet space.
The Langria Heavy Duty Commercial Grade Clothes Rack is a one of a kind rack that looks as good as it functions. If you want a rack that can be kept in the home and holds everything it needs to while keeping it organized, this is the clothing rack for you.
This clothes rack almost looks like a decoration in your home with its sleek design.
The Langria is a nifty little rack for homes that features some great design characteristics that put it over the top. Its ability to look great while holding clothing makes it just as functional as it is visually pleasing – to both guests and yourself.
- Shelves at the bottom for more storage: Clothes rack shelves set the Langria apart from the rest of the competition. Additional storage for shoes, handbags, knickknacks, and other items is built-in to this small and clever commercial-grade garment rack. You can even use boxes to store even more on these handy little shelves.
- Hooks on the side for accessories: Not many racks include a place to hang accessories like scarves, hats, and other small items. The Langria has hooks on each side of its rod for just that reason – the easy storage of hats. This is the perfect rack to have at the front door if you are constantly coming in and out of the house.
- Solid metal can hold up to 66 pounds: Need something that you know is going to be stable once you’ve piled some clothes on it? The Langria can hold a maximum of 66 pounds worth of clothing, making it great for unpredictable spring weather. A rack by the door would save on trips to the closet for hats when it’s sunny and raincoats (and boots) when it’s storming.
- The feet are individually adjustable: Each of the feet on this rack can be adjusted so that it stands upright anywhere. Uneven ground can be managed by adjusting one or two of the feet, giving your rack stability anywhere.
- Aesthetically pleasing design: This clothes rack almost looks like a decoration in your home with its sleek design. It fits with almost any décor or theme, making it possible to store clothes in the living room as well as anywhere else in the home. Your home or apartment could look more like a magazine cover with this Langria rack.
- Add organization to your residence: This rack can be used in any room of the home, from the bedroom to the bathroom. Products can be stored in boxes and put on its shelves for easy access and organization. Shoes, beauty products, medicines, and anything else can be stored and organized with the Langria.
This Langria rack has the ability to fulfill several needs in the household while offering convenience and style. It does not fit every household with its specific design features and the details of use, but it makes up for any shortcomings with its other great characteristics.
- Don’t throw out your assembly instructions: If you find yourself only using racks during a certain time of the year, the Langria will need to be disassembled if you want to put it out of sight. This means you’ll have to reassemble it again for use later on – something foldable clothing racks avoid.
- Not the most ideal for heavy coats: Heavy winter coats are not the Langria’s target clothing items – think more in terms of summer jackets and light scarves. While a coat or two can be hung from it with no problem, try not to overload its capacity with too many heavy-weight items.
- Make sure to pick a spot you like: This is not a clothes rack with wheels on the bottom. It is more well-suited to a stationary spot in the bathroom, bedroom or hallway rather than as a rolling rack for the laundry or sewing room.
|Langria Heavy Duty Commercial Grade Clothes Rack||Langria Double Rail Commercial Grade Clothes RackReview||Whitmor Supreme Quality Double Rod Clothes RackReview|
|price||$169.64CHRISTMASUpdated Dec. 9, 2022||$102.86CHRISTMASUpdated Dec. 9, 2022||$59.20CHRISTMASUpdated Dec. 9, 2022|
|type||Single rod||Double rod||Double rod|
|material||Metal||Stainless steel||Steel (epoxy-coated)|
|capacity||66 lbs||250 lbs||300 lbs|
|height||59.1 in||50.8 to 74.4 in (adjustable)||76 in|
|length||26.8 in||58.3 to 67.7 in (adjustable)||38 in|
|depth||13.4 in||21.7 in||16.25 in|
|shelves||2 shelves||No shelf||1 shelf|
|wheels||No wheels||4 wheels||4 wheels|
|weight||6.4 lbs||21.6 lbs||15 lbs|
It can be used on any surface, even if it is uneven. The feet of the rack can be adjusted individually to match the flooring of any area.
The Langria is a clothes rack you will want in your home to make storage of clothing and other items easier and more convenient. The black clothing rack looks great in all homes no matter what the décor is, so you can install it anywhere.
It can be used on any surface, even if it is uneven. The feet of the rack can be adjusted individually to match the flooring of any area.
The Langria Heavy Duty Commercial Grade Clothes Rack adds organization, gives clothes a place to hang, and provides a nice visual addition to the home. It can be placed by the entrance or in the bedroom – either way it will look fantastic and be functional.
$169.64CHRISTMASUpdated Dec. 9, 2022
Langria Double Rail Commercial Grade Clothes Rack
A lack of storage space for hanging coats and garments can be a severe issue in homes, apartments, churches, office spaces and other commercial locations.
Constructing additional closets is often not really an option due to lack of space and/or cost. It is why investing in a clothes rack is a sensible solution.
A heavy-duty clothes rack allows for a lot more space to hang coats, shirts, suits, pants, dresses and other items.
You may want to add a garment rack into your closet for better organization and storage capacity.
These racks can also be used outside of closets in bedrooms, attics, a church basement or warehouse.
Investing in the Langria Double Rail Commercial Grade Clothes Rack is a much better solution. It is a portable closet rack that is also usable outside of your closet space.
Consider it a rite of passage as a homeowner or apartment dweller, when you reach the point in time where your clothes no longer fit in your closet. It can be a frustrating experience, as you need all those items to hang neatly and cannot place them in drawers.
Spending money on building out new storage spaces in the home is not always a viable option. It is not always feasible in commercial spaces such as boutiques, warehouses, department stores, and churches either.
Investing in the Langria Double Rail Commercial Grade Clothes Rack is a much better solution. It is a portable closet rack that is also usable outside of your closet space. You can place this clothing rack anywhere in your home, office, church or boutique, adding ample room for hanging clothes and placing accessories.
|height||50.8 to 74.4 in (adjustable)|
|length||58.3 to 67.7 in (adjustable)|
It is made of a metal frame with a chrome finish, delivering protection against rust and corrosion. The rack can hold up to 250 pounds of clothing, with the manufacturer recommending that you place heavier items on the sides to maintain the longevity of the bars.
The four omnidirectional wheels make it so easy to move this rack around, even when it is full of clothes and accessories. The wheels can lock into place, ensuring a solid hold when you place it inside a closet or anywhere in an open room.
If you are searching for a reliable, durable and spacious clothes rack that you can use in your home, apartment, office, boutique or other space, the Langria Double Rail garment rack is a terrific choice. It is affordable, made of quality materials and will last you a very long time.
There are four omnidirectional wheels that you can use to move around this rack with ease.
The Langria double rail rack is a heavy-duty, height-adjustable clothes rack that will never let you down. Made of durable materials and featuring two rods, it is the type of portable garment rack that will prove useful in any setting.
- Made of a very sturdy material: The Langria commercial-grade dual garment rack is made of a very strong metal frame that features a premium chrome finish. The construction ensures maximum durability, while protecting the entire rack against rust and corrosion over time. Such construction means the rack is suitable for commercial use.
- Comes with expandable rods: The two rods are expandable and contractible, with their dimensions both vertically and horizontally adjustable. The vertical dimensions range from 50.8″-74.4″ while the horizontal dimensions go from 58.3″-67.7″, allowing you to shorten or lengthen the rack as you please.
- Features four lockable wheels: There are four omnidirectional wheels that you can use to move around this rack with ease. Even fully loaded with clothing the rack is effortless to move around thanks to these wheels. There is also a locking brake that holds it in place when you reach your intended spot.
- No additional tools required for assembly: When your clothing rack comes packaged, assembly does not require any additional tools. Instructions are included in the packaging, while any small tools needed to put together parts are also present.
- Two side hanging bars: There are two small bars on the sides that you can use to hang smaller items that you do not want mixing with your clothes. The side hanging bars are useful for scarves, spare hangers, umbrellas, ties and other items.
- Includes a bottom section for storing accessories: There is an open shelf at the bottom where you can place boxes and other accessories. Since the section is open, you will need to place items in a box of their own that’s long enough to span the depth of the base, such as a shoe box or laundry basket.
If you need a clothes rack for a boutique or a similar commercial space, this Langria double rail model is a great choice. But understanding the few cons of the rack may help you learn whether it is the perfect product for your needs.
- Clothes on both racks may push against each other: Given the modest distance between the two rods, bulkier clothes such as jackets, suits and coats may bump against each other if both racks are filled with items.
- Assembly may be a challenge for one person: Even though you do not need any additional tools to assemble this clothing rack, it would be a challenge for one person to handle. The different parts are hard to put together without the assistance of one or two other people.
- May not withstand its stated weight total: Despite its heavy duty construction and impressive features, the Langria open clothes rack may struggle to hold more than 200 pounds of clothes. The biggest concern is for the wheels, which may become unstable, causing the rack to wobble.
|Langria Double Rail Commercial Grade Clothes Rack||Langria Heavy Duty Commercial Grade Clothes RackReview||Whitmor Supreme Quality Double Rod Clothes RackReview|
|price||$102.86CHRISTMASUpdated Dec. 9, 2022||$169.64CHRISTMASUpdated Dec. 9, 2022||$59.20CHRISTMASUpdated Dec. 9, 2022|
|type||Double rod||Single rod||Double rod|
|material||Stainless steel||Metal||Steel (epoxy-coated)|
|capacity||250 lbs||66 lbs||300 lbs|
|height||50.8 to 74.4 in (adjustable)||59.1 in||76 in|
|length||58.3 to 67.7 in (adjustable)||26.8 in||38 in|
|depth||21.7 in||13.4 in||16.25 in|
|shelves||No shelf||2 shelves||1 shelf|
|wheels||4 wheels||No wheels||4 wheels|
|weight||21.6 lbs||6.4 lbs||15 lbs|
It can withstand a heavy weight load, is easy to move around thanks to its wheels and requires no additional tools to assemble.
The Langria Double Rail Commercial Grade Clothes Rack is in a league of its own when it comes to heavy-duty, purposeful clothing racks. It is made with durable metal, will not corrode or rust, and features two rods for hanging plenty of clothes.
It can withstand a heavy weight load, is easy to move around thanks to its wheels and requires no additional tools to assemble. Despite all these great features, it is a reasonably priced clothes rack double rail that would fit into any budget.
If you are searching for a durable and feature-filled clothing rack for your bedroom, living space, church basement, warehouse or boutique, the Langria Double Rail garment rack is a must purchase.
$102.86CHRISTMASUpdated Dec. 9, 2022
Whitmor Supreme Quality Double Rod Clothes Rack
Living in a space with a tiny closet can feel frustrating, as you have limited space to put all your clothes.
You may find that you are stuffing clothes into suitcases or drawers when they should be hung up on a rack.
Investing in a high-quality clothes rack is one way to eliminate the problem, even if you have limited space.
If you cannot fit your clothes rack into your closet, you could keep it in an open area of the bedroom.
A garment rack allows you to hang all your clothes in an orderly fashion, which reduces wrinkles and other damage.
The Whitmor Supreme is a fairly priced, durable and heavy-duty rack that can handle up to 300 pounds of clothes and accessories.
Running out of closet space is a pain, especially when you have garments that need to hang rather than being folded up and put in a drawer. Dealing with wrinkles and damaged fabrics is not pleasant, which is why investing in extra hanging space is the ideal solution.
Building an entirely new closet or extending an existing one costs a lot of money. Some homes, apartments or workspaces may not have the surface area to make it happen.
Luckily, a clothing rack can solve all your problems. Investing in an affordable rack such as the Whitmor Supreme Quality Double Rod Clothes Rack is the ideal way to add room for hanging clothes to any indoor space.
The Whitmor Supreme is a fairly priced, durable and heavy-duty rack that can handle up to 300 pounds of clothes and accessories. It has two rods for hanging clothes, one above the other. Measuring 38 inches wide by 76 inches tall and 16.25 inches deep, the entire rack is made with strong epoxy-coated steel, ensuring longevity.
The assembly for the Whitmor Supreme can be a bit tricky, but it does not require any additional tools. You can place the Whitmor Supreme in your closet, but it is more useful when placed in an open space in your bedroom or living room. It may be modestly priced, but it is the same quality as expensive clothes racks for stores
There is a bottom shelf where you can place shoes, accessories or a laundry basket, while a side hanger is an ideal spot for hanging ties. Despite its size and stature, the Whitmor Supreme is easy to move around as it comes with fully lockable wheels for easy rolling.
The shelves on the rack are adjustable up to one inch, allowing you to tweak the position based on the types of clothes you are hanging on the rack.
The Whitmor Supreme rack is one of the most impressive garment racks on the market. It delivers two sections for organizing clothes while providing supreme durability for long term use. Here are some of its best features.
- Features two sections for hanging clothes: There are two sections to this clothes rack for sale; an upper and lower area for hanging clothes. It allows you to separate clothes, based on type or use case. Now you can hang your shirts, pants, dresses and other items without pushing them too close to each other. The bottom bar is also removable, in case you want a single, longer space.
- Comes with lockable wheels: The Whitmor Supreme may be a heavy-duty garment rack, but it also comes with wheels. It makes the process of moving the rack throughout a house or work space very easy. The wheels are lockable when you are happy with the position of the rack.
- Made with heavy-duty materials: The rack is made with heavy-duty black epoxy-coated steel, ensuring that it will not suffer damage or lose its appearance over time. It can be used in a clothing store, home environment or any other location for the long term. The rack has a 300 pound capacity.
- Shelves are adjustable: The shelves on the rack are adjustable up to one inch, allowing you to tweak the position based on the types of clothes you are hanging on the rack.
- Includes a side arm hanger space: There is a small space on the side where you can fit one to three hangers. It is the ideal location to hang items such as ties which you may not want to mix with your other clothes.
- Whitmor provides a service guarantee on the product: Whitmor provides a guarantee against any manufacturer defects. The company is based in the United States and has a very good reputation for customer service and support. Customers should read the full details of the warranty before investing in this clothing rack.
If you want to buy the best garment rack available at an affordable price, the Whitmor Supreme is a great choice. But every rack is unique, in both its benefits and flaws. Understanding the cons of this Whitmor model will let you decide if it is the best rack for your needs.
- May not line up snugly against your wall: If you are planning to place this heavy-duty double clothes rack flush against a wall, you may be disappointed. Given that its 16.25″ depth is shorter than most hangers, your clothing may tilt or bump up against the wall, which is not ideal.
- Bottom bar may not be tall enough for your clothes: Taller individuals may find the bottom bar on the clothes rack is not high enough to prevent clothes hitting against the bottom shelf. It results in clothes being wrinkled on the bottom. Measure out your clothes compared to the bottom bar before investing in the Whitmor Supreme.
- Putting it together is a complex process: Unless you have prior experience putting together such items, you may find yourself frustrated while assembling this double rod garment rack. It may be easier if you have another person who can help you with the process.
|Whitmor Supreme Quality Double Rod Clothes Rack||Langria Heavy Duty Commercial Grade Clothes RackReview||Langria Double Rail Commercial Grade Clothes RackReview|
|price||$59.20CHRISTMASUpdated Dec. 9, 2022||$169.64CHRISTMASUpdated Dec. 9, 2022||$102.86CHRISTMASUpdated Dec. 9, 2022|
|type||Double rod||Single rod||Double rod|
|material||Steel (epoxy-coated)||Metal||Stainless steel|
|capacity||300 lbs||66 lbs||250 lbs|
|height||76 in||59.1 in||50.8 to 74.4 in (adjustable)|
|length||38 in||26.8 in||58.3 to 67.7 in (adjustable)|
|depth||16.25 in||13.4 in||21.7 in|
|shelves||1 shelf||2 shelves||No shelf|
|wheels||4 wheels||No wheels||4 wheels|
|weight||15 lbs||6.4 lbs||21.6 lbs|
If you do not have enough space for the clothes rack in your closet, the Whitmor Supreme can be placed anywhere in the house or apartment.
The Whitmor Supreme Quality Double Rod Clothes Rack is one of the best garment racks available today. It is affordable, durable and comes with wheels for rolling around your space.
If you do not have enough space for the clothes rack in your closet, the Whitmor Supreme can be placed anywhere in the house or apartment. You can roll it around to different spots, depending on where you have space available at that time.
It features two rods for different rows of storage, while the bottom shelf is perfect for your boots and other accessories. It is made with durable materials and will last a lifetime for both residential and commercial use.
$59.20CHRISTMASUpdated Dec. 9, 2022
Simple Houseware Heavy Duty Chrome Clothes Rack
For someone with a busy life, it can be difficult to make time for outfit preparation.
Just like meal-prepping, getting what you’re going to wear the next day ready ahead of time can save a lot of hassle during the day.
If folding laundry is a chore you simply want to avoid, or if clothing needs to be hung from a convenient location, a clothes rack comes in handy.
These allow you to hang clothes on a portable rack outside of your closet, making clothing more readily accessible.
If you need to look your best, a clothing rack keeps your folds and creases in pristine condition for all events.
This Simple Houseware model is a clothes rack organizer, so you can hang the clothes you need and get things done with ease.
With the Simple Houseware Heavy Duty Chrome Clothes Rack, there is no longer any reason for wrinkles on clothing to keep you from looking your best. This rack gives you the ability to hang clothes so that they stay wrinkle-free until you need them.
The rust-resistant coating lets you perform all kinds of tasks while clothes are hanging on the rack, including steaming them. Clothes can even be hung on the rack while wet if they are made from fabrics that do better when air-dried.
This Simple Houseware model is a clothes rack organizer, so you can hang the clothes you need and get things done with ease. If you are someone that struggles with a morning routine, this could be the answer to your problems.
|length||40.5 to 63.8 in (adjustable)|
The wheels on this rack add to what makes it such a great product to have. You can go from one room to a different one while carrying an entire load of laundry on its rods. This would be amazing to have in a large home where laundry has to be taken to several different rooms and hung.
If you love to travel, there is no better rack than the Simple Houseware rack. It is foldable and small enough to go with you on trips and vacations. This means anyone that needs clothes hung for business trips or other events can have a handy freestanding clothing rack at their disposal.
At 62″ tall by 40.5″ wide by 18″ deep, it’s generously sized, plus the rod is adjustable to give you up to 23.3 inches more hanging space.
You won’t have to struggle with disassembling this clothes rack whenever it is not in use. It can be folded and collapsed within minutes for storage in any area of the home.
The Simple Houseware rack is a clothes rack for individuals or families that require something durable for everyday use. Its sleek and convenient design makes it one of the perfect racks for both small and large homes around the world.
- Rust-resistant coating: The chrome coating on this clothes rack display makes it resistant to rust from wet or damp clothing. This is an essential feature for clothing that is often steam ironed or allowed to air-dry. If not for this protection, rust could build easily and the rack would suffer from damage.
- Wheels for easy portability: As a clothes rack on wheels, you have the power to bring your laundry with you anywhere in the home. You won’t have to worry about how you’re going to move a rack full of clothes – simply give it a push. You can do laundry and hang it as soon as it leaves the dryer, saving you from wrinkling items.
- Extendable horizontal rod: Are you worried that you have too many clothes to fit on this rack? This is one of the few garment racks with an extendable horizontal rod, adding just over 14 additional inches of space for anything that didn’t fit with the standard rod length of the rack.
- Easily collapses for swift storage: You won’t have to struggle with disassembling this clothes rack whenever it is not in use. It can be folded and collapsed within minutes for storage in any area of the home. Whether it in a closet or some other space, you will have a conveniently collapsible rack for all-purpose use.
- The perfect travel companion: If you have ever dreamed of a portable closet, this Simple Houseware rack is what you need. Its convenient design, small size, and portability make it easy to take with you on vacations or business trips for crisp clothes whenever you need to look your best.
- Sturdy design for heavy clothing: Winter clothes can be tricky to store in closets, but a clothing rack of freestanding design like the Simple Housewares rack makes it a no-brainer. It can hold heavy clothes with ease, so feel free to keep it by the door for access to thick winter jackets and sweaters without filling up your closet.
A great clothes rack can be difficult to find, with each one having its own unique style and quirks to be aware of. The Simple Houseware rack is no exception, so keep a few things in mind about this rack.
- Height of the rack is not adjustable: There is no way to adjust the height of this rack, which can be a problem for items or areas that require more or less height. Long dresses and other items of clothing may touch the floor when they’re hung, as the maximum height is 62 inches.
- No brakes on the wheels: Brakes are important when things have wheels on them, but this rack is a little on the wild side. There is no lock mechanism on the wheels, making it essential to keep an eye on the rack to make sure it is on flat ground.
- The design features only one bar: While some racks have two bars, this clothes rack features only one bar on which to hang garments. It is extendable by a few inches, but you still won’t have the space you would get with double rods and you will need more area for clothes on the extended rod.
|Simple Houseware Heavy Duty Chrome Clothes Rack||Langria Heavy Duty Commercial Grade Clothes RackReview||Langria Double Rail Commercial Grade Clothes RackReview|
|price||$52.77CHRISTMASUpdated Dec. 9, 2022||$169.64CHRISTMASUpdated Dec. 9, 2022||$102.86CHRISTMASUpdated Dec. 9, 2022|
|type||Single rod||Single rod||Double rod|
|material||Stainless steel||Metal||Stainless steel|
|capacity||200 lbs||66 lbs||250 lbs|
|height||62 in||59.1 in||50.8 to 74.4 in (adjustable)|
|length||40.5 to 63.8 in (adjustable)||26.8 in||58.3 to 67.7 in (adjustable)|
|depth||18 in||13.4 in||21.7 in|
|shelves||No shelf||2 shelves||No shelf|
|wheels||4 wheels||No wheels||4 wheels|
|weight||9.8 lbs||6.4 lbs||21.6 lbs|
This sturdy and durable rack can be used to hang clothes, steam them, dry them, and go over them with a lint roller if you want them to look truly pristine.
The Simple Houseware Heavy Duty Chrome Clothes Rack makes hanging your clothes a piece of cake. You can almost forget about your closet with this convenient clothes rack.
The wheels make it easy to move around the home without carrying heavy bags or bins or laundry. The rod extends horizontally, so you can store even more clothes. This sturdy and durable rack can be used to hang clothes, steam them, dry them, and go over them with a lint roller if you want them to look truly pristine.
Simple Houseware has provided a clothing rack that gives each person what they need with the aim of making this an all-in-one clothes rack. They have gotten closer than ever to succeeding in their goal.
$52.77CHRISTMASUpdated Dec. 9, 2022
Songmics Double Adjustable Rolling Clothes Rack
Are you tired of wrinkles in your clothes that force you to iron or steam items each morning?
It would be a lot easier if clothes could be prepared and hung on a neat rack without having to shove them back in a closet.
Closets are meant to hold your clothes, but what happens when you need a specific outfit to be ready to grab?
A lot of people just lay their clothing on a chair or the bed, risking wrinkles, lint, and other particles getting onto them.
Clothes racks provide an easy way to store items without causing wrinkles or making them to look worn.
This clothes rack is the best heavy-duty garment rack you could get for any of your clothing needs.
Clothes rack storage is essential when closet space is just too tight. The Songmics Double Adjustable Rolling Clothes Rack gives everyone a chance to have ample storage while taking up as little space in the home as possible.
Commercial clothing racks have come a long way, from simple designs to more complex ones that allow you to do more and customize them to your organizational needs. This Songmics clothes rack on rollers has a height that can be adjusted for up to 65 inches of space for clothing.
The wheels on the rack allow you to glide from one room to another with a swiftness you have never experienced before. It can be used as a clothes rack for laundry room use, so you can hang clothes and bring them to the closet without having to fold items or wrinkle them.
|material||Stainless steel (plastic joints)|
|height||39.4 to 65 in (adjustable)|
It is one of the most durable racks on the market, with a maximum load capacity of 130 pounds. Each individual rod measures a little over 34 inches long and holds about 66 pounds.
Spaced a little over 16 inches apart, the double rods do not cause clothing to overlap the way some other ones do. This saves you from removing or adding clothed with difficulty, pushing items off of hangers by accident, and getting wrinkles in noticeable spots on clothing.
This clothes rack is the best heavy-duty garment rack you could get for any of your clothing needs. It can handle large items as well as smaller items with ease as the rail height is easily adjusted from 39.4 inches up to 65 inches.
The safety locks on the wheels prevent the clothes rack from moving while it is in use.
The Songmics clothes rack has made its mark on the industry with its smart and durable design that allows for easy use and portability. There are several other features that set this rack apart from the rest as well, including its well thought out use of storage space.
- Double rods that don’t overlap: Some racks that have double rods cause clothing to overlap one another, leading to items falling or coming off the hanger when things are removed from the rack. This Songmics has 16.1 inches of distance between the rods, so you can hang and remove clothing without interference.
- The most durable clothes rack available: The durability of the Songmics adjustable rack is unmatched. It can hold up to 130 pounds of clothing, giving you freedom to stack on clothes without constantly worrying about bending the rods and dealing with other issues that stem from less durable clothing rods.
- Move from room to room with wheels: The wheels on this clothes rack allow you to move swiftly from room to room while carrying a slew of garments. You will be able to grab the clothes you need and drop off what you don’t need without having anything slow you down.
- Each rail’s height can be adjusted for comfortable storage: The height of the bars can be individually adjusted from 39.4 up to 65 inches. Adjust one bar to the maximum height for hanging coats or dresses and the other bar at a lower height for shirts.
- Brake at the drop of a hat: The safety locks on the wheels prevent the clothes rack from moving while it is in use. The Songmics won’t go running away as long as the brakes are activated, and you can focus on doing what’s important to you.
- Great for use at expos and other events: This rack has enough storage space to be used outside of the home and in a professional setting. Show off your goods with this clothes rack; its fashionable and modern design will let customers browse easily and find what they love. It can work for garage sales as well as at church or meeting halls for hanging coats and jackets.
There is not much to say in the way of how this rack is not ideal – it captures the market in almost every way. The small improvements and quirks to watch for are listed below, but they shouldn’t be deal-breakers.
- Best on hard floors: Homes or rooms with carpet may find the wheels on this rack to be uncooperative. It is not meant to be used on carpet, taking away from its universality. If you attend an event where there is carpet, be wary of sticking so you avoid problems.
- No additional storage on the bottom: There’s no way to stack things on the bottom of this rack, as it is too deep for most anything except, perhaps, a laundry basket. This limits your storage to what you can fit on the rods, which can be frustrating if you want to store shoes and other items at the bottom of a rack.
- Not collapsible: If you only use clothes racks for events or busy times in life, this may not be the best option for you as it is not easily collapsed. This means you will have this rack assembled and standing in your home for the majority of the time.
|Songmics Double Adjustable Rolling Clothes Rack||Langria Heavy Duty Commercial Grade Clothes RackReview||Langria Double Rail Commercial Grade Clothes RackReview|
|price||Check PriceCHRISTMAS||$169.64CHRISTMASUpdated Dec. 9, 2022||$102.86CHRISTMASUpdated Dec. 9, 2022|
|type||Double rod||Single rod||Double rod|
|material||Stainless steel (plastic joints)||Metal||Stainless steel|
|capacity||132 lbs||66 lbs||250 lbs|
|height||39.4 to 65 in (adjustable)||59.1 in||50.8 to 74.4 in (adjustable)|
|length||34.3 in||26.8 in||58.3 to 67.7 in (adjustable)|
|depth||13.4 in||13.4 in||21.7 in|
|shelves||No shelf||2 shelves||No shelf|
|wheels||4 wheels||No wheels||4 wheels|
|weight||9.9 lbs||6.4 lbs||21.6 lbs|
The adjustable height of the rails, the double racks with increased distance for more efficient storage, and the brakes on the wheels all come together to make this product amazing.
The Songmics Double Adjustable Rolling Clothes Rack is one of the best clothing racks you could get. It makes long strides to prove itself better than the competition.
The adjustable height of the rails, the double racks with increased distance for more efficient storage, and the brakes on the wheels all come together to make this product amazing. For a clothes rack on rollers, it doesn’t get better than this.
You can improve your morning routine and make working more fun and professional with this commercial clothing rack for all-purpose use. It will last for years to come, so get the most out of it and keep your clothes from getting wrinkled or lost in your closet when you need them most.
How are you going to use a clothes rack?
Knowing how you plan on using your clothing rack is important in the decision-making process. For some people, a small rack that will be lightly used in the laundry room for temporarily hanging clothing is good enough for their purposes.
For others, they may be looking for something more substantial, like an extension or replacement for a small closet. In those instances, you may be searching for something larger and more heavy-duty.
How much are you going to load your clothes rack up with? If you’re only hanging a few things on there while doing the laundry, then you can probably get away with a portable and/or lightweight option.
But, as you likely know, suits, coats, and pants can get really heavy, especially if you’ll be hanging a lot on one rack. Something heavy duty, like a vintage brass clothing rack, can withstand a lot more weight. Most modern options will give you a weight limit, so keep an eye out for that as well.
Knowing what your garment rack is made from is a big deal when you’re trying to find the best options for your purposes. Each one has different traits that make them stand out from the other materials that you can choose from.
Some examples of materials include wood, metal, heavy-duty plastic, and even bamboo, which is probably the most sustainable of all materials.
Wood clothes racks
A wooden clothing rack is, perhaps, the most traditional of options when it comes to finding the right clothing rack for your needs. We all know what wood is, so you aren’t letting any foreign materials into your home and around your family.
You can also do a lot with wood; it’s durable and you can customize the rack to look how you’d like it to look. If you want a black clothing rack, you can paint it. You can make holes to add more racks or to make it an adjustable height, too.
We’ve all seen the fancy brass garment racks that you can find at hotels, and that’s just one of the many heavy-duty options you can find. There are also steel racks that you can invest in.
If you want a lighter weight metal, you may be looking at powder coated metal (which prevents rusting) or chrome. As mentioned earlier, you do want to pay attention to the weight capacity, since these metals weigh less they also hold less.
Plastic clothing racks are the most affordable option, and they are also incredibly lightweight. They often fold away much more easily than their metal counterparts, so storage is easier to take care of as well.
Durability is a big problem with plastic, however. Over time, it’s likely that the rods will start to sag and they won’t hold as much as they did when you first purchased them. PVC racks are a better alternative, as they usually last longer.
Different types and styles
Now that you know what material you’d like your clothing rack to be made from, you also want to be sure that you consider what style of rack that you’d like.
Different styles of clothing racks offer different benefits and can take care of different things that you may need from a clothing rack. Do you want multiple bars, or just one? Do you want wheels and/or shelves? And what about z-racks? These are important things to consider.
Wheels or no wheels?
Wheels are a big deal if you’re looking at getting a heavy-duty garment rack, or if you’re going to be moving it around a lot. They make a commercial grade garment rack easier to move, no matter how heavy it is.
You want to be sure that you find a rack that has locking wheels. Locking wheels can prevent any sort of accident from happening and they can add stability to your rack.
The standard is a single bar rack. As the name suggests, these have one single bar along the top, which is where you’ll hang your clothing. The circumference of the bar is usually just big enough for a hanger to be hung on.
These racks are utilitarian and simple. They have multiple uses and are easy to put into a corner or closet. Most models of single pipe clothing racks have wheels so that they can be easily transported.
A double rail rack is meant for people who are going to be hanging a lot of clothing. Like the single racks, they usually have wheels so that they are easy to transport between rooms or areas.
These can come in two different styles. You can either have 2 bars on the top, angled so that you can have enough space for all of your clothing. Or, you can have a top pole and another one that is halfway down.
As you might suspect, tripod style racks have three legs, similar to a camera tripod. Most often they have a single pole with two or three arms that extend off the top, but some have a circular bar or even multiple levels of arms.
With three legs, they are particularly sturdy and are great for when you’re doing laundry and you need to hang up clothing to dry. And, if space is at a premium, they’re collapsible and really easy for you to store them away.
Z-Racks are some of the most stable clothing racks that you’ll find on the market. Often made from metal, these racks usually have one or two bars that you can hang clothing from.
What makes them different than standard single or double bar racks? The base is asymmetric and in the shape of the letter Z. This makes it sturdier, but it will be more difficult to find storage space due to how much area the base takes up.
Shelves or no shelves?
During your search, you may be looking at a clothes rack with a shelf as an option. These can be fantastic, whether you’re using your rack as an extra closet or as something to hold clothing when you’re folding laundry.
Shelves can be a place to put your laundry basket or, you can put boxes on them in order to store smaller items, including shoes and hats. If it stays in the laundry room, you could use the shelves to place laundry detergent and other essentials that need a home.
Covered or uncovered?
A garment rack with a cover is a great idea if you’re going to be transporting clothing or if you’re using the space as a closet for some of your clothing that you don’t wear very often.
The cover is going to help conceal the clothing away from the elements if you’re going outside. If they’re sitting inside, then it’s going to prevent them from getting covered with dust while they’re sitting and waiting to be used.
Customizing your rack so that it’s the way that you want it to be is an essential consideration, especially if different members of your family and/or employees are going to be using it.
Most modern racks will allow you to adjust the height of the bars, making it easier for you to set it at a height that everyone can reach. The best clothes rack may also have additional holes in the vertical supports so that you can add horizontal bars for hanging, if you wish to do so.
My pick for best clothes rack is: Langria Heavy Duty Commercial Grade Clothes Rack. This choice was made after 91 hours of research.$169.64CHRISTMASUpdated Dec. 9, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions
Are racks made of chrome a good idea?
Chrome racks are definitely a good option if you’re looking for something that is both lightweight and durable. They fit almost anywhere and work well for homes and businesses alike.
There are, however, some environmental concerns that come with using chrome for anything. While chrome plating isn’t toxic on its own, it hurts the environment when being produced. The byproducts of chrome are hazardous materials and the baths that these are put in during the process of plating are toxic.
Are there racks that can be used like a closet organizer?
Absolutely! In fact, there are even clothing rack systems called portable closets, and many people use them if their closets are too small or if they live in a studio apartment that doesn’t have a closet at all.
These typically have multiple shelves and side pockets that you can use in order to help make the space more organized. Some of them will also come with covers, to make them seem more like a traditional closet and to keep your items out of view.
Are clothing racks and drying racks the same thing?
It depends. A clothes rack, as discussed in this guide, is meant for hanging clothing on hangers. You can use them for drying as well, but they are usually used for organization and keeping clothes neat.
A clothes drying rack, on the other hand, is meant for drying clothing. These usually allow you to lay garments flat on the surface so that you can dry them evenly and fully.
Do you want to spend extra money on a motorized rack?
Some people will tell you that the best garment rack is a motorized one. These can be much more expensive than other models, but they do have their uses.
These usually have some sort of rotary where you can hang your clothing. Then, you can press a button in order to shift the rotary, allowing you to either hang something else or find another piece of clothing that you’re looking for. They’re definitely efficient, but whether they’re worth it for your uses is up to you.
Are there safety concerns that I should consider when buying a clothes rack?
There are a few things that you want to consider in regards to safety. The aforementioned wheel locks are a must for wheeled models, preventing the rack from moving around when you don’t expect it to, or when you’re trying to hang clothing on it.
You also want to be sure that you do what you can to prevent fingers from getting pinched, whether they are yours or your children’s. The best clothes rack should also be stable to prevent it from falling over or collapsing onto anyone.